Wednesday 9 May 2012

SISTAR

Hey guys!
Have you heard of the Korean girl band called SISTAR? The band name may sound cheesy and childish but I'm really into their songs! They sound great even though they're not the best girl band in Korea. They are four members of the band:

Bora보라Yoon Bo-ra윤보라January 30, 1990 (age 22)
Hyorin효린Kim Hyo-jung김효정January 11, 1991 (age 21)
Soyu소유Kang Ji-hyun강지현February 12, 1992 (age 20)
Dasom다솜Kim Da-som김다솜May 6, 1993 (age 19)
Omigod! I just realised it's Dasom's birthday only three days ago. By the way, I can see that Hyorin is the most famous among their band due to her great voice. But that doesn't mean that Bora, Soyu and Dasom stink. I find them all talented (and drop dead pretty T.T ) in their own styles and ways. 
Their recent release, Alone, is currently the song that I'm addicted to listening. I used to love their song Ma Boy and How Dare You, but I got easily bored after listening to these two songs non-stop all the while whenever I use my laptop. But that was months ago. 




                                         
They're many other songs by them that aren't bad at all, such as Push Push and So Cool. But I'm not really into them. Recently, I started liking Lead Me. Try listen to it, at first, I thought it has some similarities to their song Ma Boy but it was far, far different. Many people are comparing their song Alone to a band called 4minute's song Volume Up. I only watched and listened to one-third of the video a few days ago because I suddenly remembered that I had something urgent to do. I find the beginning of the video creepy and weird, but that's just because I haven't got used to it. Maybe I'll try to listen to it again.

Anyway, my favourite member is Bora because she's so kawaii! I came across a video of the four best friends practising their dancing skills for their performance of Alone and at the end of the video, Bora shouted "KYAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!"
Many Youtubers are complaining that this is sex appeal and that Korean singers spend more than half of their singing career caring about their looks. Look, I know that many Koreans go for plastic surgeries to have better looks, but why bring in the sex appeal topic? At least their videos aren't like those American videos. But anyway, I still appreciate their music. I just love their songs!
This was the video where Bora shouted "KYAAH!" :DD By the way the video's five minutes long.

No comments:

Post a Comment